Given it’s age, lack of support and Radionomy’s recent warning to broadcasters about their plans to de-list ShoutCast D.N.A.S versions 1.9.8 and below from their directory of internet radio stations. The following is a straight forward guide to upgrading to version 2.x from Shoutcast 1.9.8.
How to upgrade ShoutCast from version 1.9.8 to version 2.x
1) Download the latest version of SHOUTcast from http://shoutcast.com/broadcastnow
2) Make a copy of the folder containing your existing SHOUTcast DNAS server.
3) Extract the contents of the file you downloaded which includes the latest version of version ShoutCast.
4) Temporarily stop your existing ShoutCast server.
5) Look in the folder that was just created and locate three files.
The sc_serv[.exe] file.
The cacert.pem file.
The docs folder.
Take the files and move them to the folder containing your old ShoutCast server software, overwriting the existing files (don’t worry you’ve made a copy of the original folder should anything go wrong).
Set aside the software documentation contained in #3 the docs folder so you have a local copy to refer to.
6) Start your newly upgraded ShoutCast server.
And there you have it, you are now running the latest version of ShoutCast streaming software!
Note: The SHOUTcast D.N.A.S version 2.x includes the same functionality as version 1.98 but has many new features including increased platform stability and resource efficiency. The official word from Radionomy, the owners of the software, is that all stations are very strongly encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible. The update process as detailed above is quite straight forward and very easy, it has been achieved successfully many times and should only take about 5 minutes to complete.