Centova Technologies have released an update to their ubiquitous streaming software stack Centova Cast. This version was previously unannounced because it featured “no major changes” which an informal post on the company’s forum explained as follows.
“There were no “major changes” to notify you of. In fact (as noted by the second item Radiator quoted above) the changes we made have to be enabled with a setting that we have not even provided to the public yet. Without that setting enabled, the original, unmodified playlist scheduler code is used. So there is no possibility whatsoever that you’re seeing new playlist behavior as a result of this update.”
However given the changelog which they’ve now made available it would appear there was an inclusion of at least some note, namely support for ShoutCast’s newly available CDN capability.
“SHOUTcast now offers partnerships with select CDN’s which allows them to offer monetization to their clients through our sister company, TargetSpot. This includes a generous revenue share percentage for the CDN!”
The full detail of this release are as follows.
Centova Cast v3.2.6 is now available.
This release fixes one security issue and includes several improvements and bug fixes.
Changes from v3.2.6 (previously unannounced):
- Added SHOUTcast CDN support
- DNAS2 directory listings errors are now shown in the client area
- Added duration to Liquidsoap metadata to avoid miscalculation of queue length
- Added extension to cover image filenames
- Added additional progress notifications during backup restoration
- Extend “backup file not found” error message with painfully explicit details for newbie convenience
- Centova Cast’s log rotater will no longer compete with DNAS2’s
- Listeners meter in client area now displays total listeners instead of main mount point listeners
- New Liquidsoap mount points now default to 44100Hz
- Update importer to convert zeroed date fields to strict-compatible values
- Workaround for IceCast-kh issue causing ‘Unknown’ artist
- Fixed regression in SoftwareApplication constructor
- Fixed regression in staff authentication
- Fixed regression in uncaught exception handler caused by XSS mitigation changes
- Fixed regressions causing errors on IceCast listener report page
- Fixed username issue with batch operations
- Fixed window resize issue in headless browsers
- Fixed IceCast bitrate calculation problem during live broadcasts
- Fixed bug in which album name would be omitted from stream details widget if no album cover was on file
- Fixed bug in which changes to URL in account settings would not be reflected in Liquidsoap settings
- Fixed bug in which configured but unused IceCast mount points could cause duplicates in live listener list
- Fixed bug in which empty but required directories would not be restored from backups
- Fixed bug in which song request form would reject certain valid addresses
- Fixed bug in which source.log would not be rotated for DNAS2 streams with NO_ROTATE_DNAS2 enabled
- Fixed error when restoring backups without a target username
- Fixed pathname issue when restoring backups with automatic usernames
- Fixed potential issue with song requests with some MySQL database versions
- Fixed regression caused by new IceCast status retrieval method
- Fixed regression in account-created template display caused by earlier XSS fixes
- Fixed regression in track selector which could cause occasional fallback to static playlist
- Fix for CDN settings